As is my tradition, here’s my annual recap of my 2017 posts that got the most traffic. Once again my April Fool’s Day one easily grabs the top position .
- Every single retail store in the US to close permanently by month’s end
- Stop blaming Amazon for department store woes
- Retail’s single biggest disruptor. Spoiler alert: It’s not e-commerce
- Retail’s great deleveraging
- Retail’s next punch in the face
- Department stores aren’t going away, but 3 big things still need to happen
- Going private: Here comes Amazon’s next wave of dismantling and disruption
- The future of retail will not be evenly distributed
- The store closing panacea
- The retail apocalypse and the urgent quest for the remarkable
For my most popular articles on Forbes during 2017 go here.